See us on Facebook See us on Google Plus See us in Linkedin Twitter

A Heavenly Ceremony - Weddings as you wish

Where Can I Find a Justice of the Peace?

When many brides and grooms want to have a simple or civil wedding ceremony, they often look for a Justice of the Peace or Notary. 

In Washington State, only ministers/priests and judges may "solemnize a marriage." (RCW 26.04.050 defines who may solemnize a marriage: "Justices of the supreme court, judges of the court of appeals, judges of the superior courts, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest of any church or religious denomination ...")

Judges or ministers may perform a civil ceremony, some may prefer not to. You need to ask.

The exact wording of the ceremony is not defined by state statutes.  You get to choose, depending on the person who is officiating.

We prefer to call ourselves "wedding ceremony officiants," letting couples know we enjoy all types of ceremonies:  civil, spiritual, nondenominational, multicultural, multifaith and religious.  Your ceremony is a reflection of you.  The wording of the ceremony should reflect you also!


Email us, call (206)789-9788
or submit Form
We Love Weddings
Seattle Wedding Officiants Since 1995